Thursday, June 15, 2017

Ramadhan Diaries: 23, Blessed and Content

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim
In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

12.49am
21 Ramadhan 1438H
Balakong

16 June 1994.
The day I was born, the day Aminudin Baki and Noor Baizzura had their first newborn.
I was heavy, more than 3.5kg and Mom had to go for a C-section.
All her three children were born that way eventually.

Last year I celebrated my birthday sleeping at Gatwick Airport after crying in Fiumicino thinking I'd miss my flight back home to Malaysia. Arriving at Dublin, I just scramed to Zumaro, had a quick shower and ran back to Dublin Airport to get my flight back home. Rome and Spain was truly an adventure, so many things happened yet it was so wonderful.

This year around, I'm celebrating my birthday by sewing up my umrah tudung by myself - an accomplishment for someone who keeps shoving up things for Mom to sew since kindergarten. Life has changed so much for me; physically, emotionally and spiritually. People have come and go, I've experienced pain and happiness I've never thought I would ever feel. And things have yet to unfold for me, I believe there'll be so much more to endure - the good and the bad.

Whatever it is, I hope I can smile at the end. And I hope Allah will be happy to welcome me back home.

*smiles*

Happy 23rd dear self. It's not too bad wishing yourself innit?


No comments:

Post a Comment