Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Resolve

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim
In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

10.38am
11 Syawal 1438H
Madinah Al-Munawwarah

Today my cousin's friend passed away
His good friend
Aged 20
On his way to work, he got hit by a car

Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun

Last week our beloved Bellamy passed away
She drowned after trying to save her other 7 relatives
She however wasn't able to save one of her siblings
Thus it was written for Huda and her to pass at a very young age
Bellamy being 21
Huda, was 14

Allahummaghfirlahum, warhamhum, wa'afihi wa'fu anhum

It's already 11 days since I'm in Haramain
I see young and old people doing their umrah
Filling in Baitullah and Raudhah
Most of the jemaah from Andalusia, are of the elderly
At that age, with such limited energy left, they work hard to go iktikaf at the masjid everyday
So eager, so full of zeal
Some of the young ones follow suit
Some stay behind in hotel rooms and the lobby

Selepas dua tazkirah kematian dalam dua minggu
Dan selepas berkali-kali diajak untuk solat jenazah usai solat fardhu
I have been thinking
After 23 years, am I actually ready..
To die?

Or am I just spouting nonsense
Saying that I am?

Death comes at any age
Will I live that long utk dapat jejak Baitullah again?
Will I live that long utk ada masa melengahkan beramal kebaikan sekarang?

At the time where people of my age are so worried about securing a job, who to marry
Working so hard to get their masters and PhDs
Finding ways to obtain financial freedom
Flaunting about their love life and material possession
Do I really want to be a part of this rat race that is only limited to this world?
And does the search and attainment of these goals will really, actually bring to Allah's redha?
Or is it just a tampalan, yet again?

At the age of 23
At the end of my umrah trip
At the end of my days in Madinah
I have finally found strength and reason
To hold on to my resolve
The one I discovered almost 5 years ago

Thus,
When I become a doctor, I want to work hard for the ummah to please Allah
Aid those in need, both physically and spiritually
When I study hard to pursue my masters and PhD, I want to do it so that Allah akan meredhai nikmat fikiran dan tenaga yang Dia berikan kepada hambanya Sabreena
When I fall in love, I want it to be pure sebab Allah sahaja
I want to protect that love so that it will bring my spouse and I, with our children, the generations before and our descendants to come, reach our eternal destination - our liqa' in Jannah
When I do obtain financial freedom, I want to use my money and infaq it to ikhwat akhwat yang sedang giat membina batu bata dakwah

I'll use my Dunya, the Dunya You gave me Ya Allah
For me to reach You

And inshaAllah
Sekiranya jasad dan jiwa ini Allah izinkan utk kembali menjejak bumi Malaysia
There's no more excuses to fall short on that purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment