Friday, April 4, 2014

Our Dreams of Jannah

"Dekat syurga saya nak istana ice-cream. Saya nak tinggal dalam istana tuh."
"In paradise I want to have a castle made of ice-cream. I want to live in that castle."

Said Yani during lunch.

"Binalah impian kat syurga Yana. Nanti awak akan semangat nak capai matlamat tuh."
"Build dreams about heaven Yana. You'll be more spirited to achieve that goal."

Continued Yani. I smiled.

.................................................................

"Saya nak suasana yang sama macam nih kat syurga. Cuma lagi meriah."
"I want to have this same environment in paradise. Only more merrier."

Said Atiq during dinner at Red Wok. We were having a 50-people eating session.

"Awak nak tinggal kat istana ice-cream saya tak nanti?"
"Do you want to stay at my ice-cream castle?"

Asked Yani with a genuine smile to Atiq. It was contagious so I smiled too.

..............................................................

Basically that was what motivated me to write about this in tonight's entry (okay, so it's already midnight over here in Malaysia).

I loved the fact that as Muslims, Allah grants us hapiness even after our death. Life even after we lose breath in this world. After that last stab of pain, we are actually given the chance to experience the heavenly fragrance and remarkable view of an eternal resting place - Paradise.

Looking back at the past, when we were young children, teachers would usually ask us this famous question.
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"What is you ambition?"
Well adults in general ask that. And that includes our parents, our grandparents, our uncles and aunts, our older cousins, our neighbours and even the head of the Parents Teacher Association (PIBG); that we don't really know, would bug us with that question.

As we grow older, the question basically is just manipulated but still has the same meaning.
"What do you want to in the future?"
"What do you want to achieve in life?"
"What is you ultimate goal?"

My question is, what will happen once we attain that goal?
So we want to be a doctor (it's like this common mindset that parents and society mould you to become ever since you are young), we are successful in achieving that, we became doctors, after that what? What comes after achieving that goal?
I felt this when I finally arrived to Japan, the land I long to set foot on ever since I came to know about the existence of anime. Alhamdulillah Allah granted me the chance to arrive at the land of rising sun. However, once I reached Narita airport, it hit me, "So I'm here in Japan. What next? What should I do here?"
Okay maybe it was my fault, I did not plan my visit to Japan that thoroughly because I never would have expected that it would come true. But it did. Subhanallah it did.

When I look at it now, these worldly goals always have an end. Motivators usually tell us to "Dream Big". Big names like Bill Gates and Donald Trumph do what with those big dreams that they have achieved? They are always in this constant battle to maintain their wealth. They are always wary of any competition that could bring them down. Where's peace in that ultimate goal?

It seems not as rewarding as it's suppose to be.

And it is most certain that our final destination is death. So why do so much when you're just going to enter the earth back again? So that your name resonates till the end of time like Shakespeare? So that you get to save some money for your family whom will eventually die as well?

Nothing is permanent, so why fight so much for impermanent Dunya?

And that's why we have decided to plan our goals for the hereafter. For Jannah. Our everlasting resting place that we will be reunited in the same age together with Rasulullah, our beloved Prophet. We'll be seeing our Master that granted us all these gifts in the world.

We'll be seeing Allah. *smiles, cries*

Thinking about it sends chills down my spine. I know there's still much to do to achieve that place higher above. Because the serenity of Jannah cannot be described easily by comparing it to DipnDip waffles or Baskin Robbins' Raspberry Ripple.

"We do too dakwah. Too little tarbiyyah. And too much jahiliyah. Yet we expect to enter Jannah..?? Pffftttt."
-Angel Pakai Gucci-

It's time to gear up soldiers Allah. We're in for a battle to achieve sweet paradise.

"Saya nak jumpa semua family members saya kat syurga. Saya nak spend masa saya banyak-banyak dengan dorang sebab saya takde masa yang cukup kat dunia. Heee.."
"I want to see all my family members in paradise. I want to spend a whole lot of time with them because I rarely have time with them here in dunya. Heee.."

No comments:

Post a Comment