Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Chosen

In the name of Allah The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

I begin this entry with Alhamdulillah to the Almighty for still granting this body and mind decency to write and indulge in the wealth of being a Muslim.

I am forever indebted to Him. We all are. I won't be listing out all the basic necessities as I believe everyone is already aware of that blessing He gave us (up to the point where some of us make it seem that Allah is obliged to give all those needs that we take it for granted) so I'll move in to the greatest that He has given some of us out there, the opportunity to be born as a Muslim.

Earlier today - well technically it was yesterday at 8.45 pm to be exact - we had our daily maghrib tazkirahs and we touched on the topic of being grateful, of 'Alhamdulillah'.

*smile*

Alhamdulillah is a word that we usually say; sometimes in repetition, as we praise Allah who has given us either good tidings or tough lessons in the form of a troublesome events (saying it's bad would be overrated. We know how Allah does His magic. *wink*).

So Alhamdulillah consists of basically two things. Praise and Gratefulness.
An example of a praise would be:-
"That is such a beautiful painting."
"Sister, what a nice abaya you have over there."
Basically praising a person/item/object would be simply stating that it looks nice, it's cool or it's downright awesome. You don't become grateful of the thing that you praise of. Looking at the example, I'm pretty sure that when we view a beautiful painting we're not that grateful that it is beautiful unless we were the painters nor we would we appreciate the sister's nice abaya unless she's going to lend it to us.
On the other hand, gratefulness is an act by which we appreciate another person/item/object but it does not necessarily mean that we give praise to it. For example:-
"I'm glad there's water today for us to bathe."
"Thanks for paying the fees on time."
You thank some one or appreciate a certain condition without actually praising it. Even the Quran outlined an important example of this with regards to our parents. (Al-Isra': 23) So your parents ask you to perform shirk, well you still need to be grateful for them, you still need to treat them with honour. You might not praise their acts but Allah decreed that you should be grateful for them as Allah was the one who granted them to you. This can even be seen when Fir'aun questioned Musa AS of his upbringing in the Pharoah's palace. The prophet Moses acknowledged of the favour Fir'aun did though he never praised him for anything else.

However, when we combine Alhamdulillah, we combine them both in an act of praising Allah and being grateful for what He gives, let it be ease or hardships. This indirectly speaks for itself on how a Muslim should act as. Positivity should be in our blood because in our Alhamdulillah we believe that Allah is giving the best for us.

*smiles some more*

What striked me the most was that we are the people of Alhamdulillah. We are positive people.

MasyaAllah, the feeling of gratefulness was overwhelming I could just utter, "hashtag burn (#burn)".

At the end of the day, I can never crack the code in why Allah chose me amidst the crowd of people who are far more pious than I am. Even if I took days pondering on the reason behind Him still putting me back on track, I will still fail to construct a logical explanation. All I could say is that I'm already chosen, I should try and act more like Musa alaihissalam and bear this responsibility in the best way possible for My Lord. I believe He purified me through countless times and lift me up in my darkest hours. It's the least I could do, the least we could do.

After all, we are the people of Alhamdulillah right?

*smiles*


No comments:

Post a Comment