Monday, April 7, 2014

Letter to A Friend

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim..

Assalamualaikum
I hope you do not find this an annoyance
Wherever you are
If you come across this simple blog
I hope you know this letter is for you.

Friend,
Remember the first time we met
How our eyes exchanged glances for just a moment
I was eating, looking down
You were staring, focused
Yet we knew none of each other.

Remember the first time we worked together
And how we kid each other around
You would smile awkwardly
And I'll tease that smile, laughing inside
Yet you still don't mind
Yet we knew so less of each other.

Remember the time when you had to leave
I stared as you walked away
Fixed at your movement,
knowing I might not see you again
Tears welled up,
I don't even know why
We still knew less of each other.

Days passed,
I met you again
We laughed, we smiled
We shared our thoughts and fears and tears
We became close buddies
You and me
But we were still strangers to each other.

Friend,
Remember those nights when we stared at the ceiling
And hoped we could see stars twinkling
You, me, separated but in our own space
A space that existed only for us to be
But we were actually strangers to each other.

Years passed,
I've known you through so many moons
Your smile
Your laugh
Your voice
Your stride
Your thoughts
Your passion
Your dreams
Your heart
I have them all embedded
When I know I shouldn't
Because even now,
we are still strangers to each other

So I prayed to Allah,
"Give me guidance."
"Give me strength."
"Show me what I should do now, my Lord."
I cried.
I decided.
I've loved and I always will.
So I embraced the ultimate Love
Because that Love was not a stranger, but is the Creator to me.

Friend,
Despite all my words before
The ones that are true are these

"Don't forget us."

Be strong and fight hard.
My fighter, the ummah's backbone, Allah's soldier.
Because one day you will cease to be that stranger
And you will soon be,
My protector.

Biiznillah.


No comments:

Post a Comment